Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 226

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking)

  1. #211
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Post

    Yes Gus it is signed..............

  2. #212
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Post

    Well i most say this Sandy Cd reminds me of something iv'e heard before.
    I do belive has allot of Waith for me in it from Joan.......
    How ever you want it kinda begins like Cherry bomb and then goes over to Don't go away with joan jett from waitin' for the night...
    Eaven yhe words here are quite like Don't go away....
    What do you say Gus???

  3. #213
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Charlie, I saw Susan in Memphis a few years ago, and was very impressed. I also like Derek (I have several songs on the jukebox) altho I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them perform live.

    Today is kinda gloomy here in the bean (mud) field, and I think I'm gonna try to find a few Dead tunes for this afternoon

    roGeR

  4. #214
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Sandy sounds pretty unique to me Veronica but I guess I can still hear where you are coming from. She's definately a Runaway!!!

    Tonight I was listening to some Berlin!

    Pleasure Victim
    Love Life

    Just found out Terri and her new hubby are adopting a child
    from Russia!
    She is very happy to be becoming a mom, that's for sure!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #215
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wuz watching late night TV last evening (with almost one eye opened) and I caught Blink 182 on Leno (i thunk) and they performed "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" from their new <s>Lp</s> Cd. It wuz the first time I had heard it, I think it is a great song, very good lyrics and a melody that could be covered by several different genres of music.
    O well that is just my opinion [img]cool.gif[/img]

    RoGeR

  6. #216
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    How sad. I just found out the adoption fell through. Terri Nunn announced it at a Berlin show last night but said she believes everything happens for a reason! What a trooper!
    Just wanted set the record straight and now I'm listening to her 'Moment Of Truth' CD!
    GD

  7. #217
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    10 days 'till xmas and I'm getting out Phil Spector's Christmas Album for it's yearly listen!
    This is on The Beatle's Apple label and includes:

    White Christmas_Darlene Love
    Frosty The Snowman_The Ronettes
    The Bells Of St. Mary_Bob B Soxx & the Blue Jeans
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town_The Crystals
    Sleigh Ride_The Ronettes
    It's A Marsmallow World_Darlene Love
    I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause_The Ronettes
    Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer_The Crystals
    Winter Wonderland_Darlene Love
    Parade Of The Wooded Soldiers_The Crystals
    Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) Darlene Love
    Here Comes Santa Claus_Bob B Soxx And The Blue Jeans
    Silent Night_Phil Spector and Artists

    This Yuletide Wall Of Sound works for me!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <marquee>Back to mono!</marquee>

  8. #218
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Michael Jackson's Thriller
    Donovan's Mellow Yellow
    Ronnie Spector's Unfinished Business

    and then...... [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    GD

  9. #219
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Didja hear that Queen is reforming and have asked Paul Rodgers to perfrom the vocals. Hmmmm?
    I know paul performed with a couple bands other than the classic Bad Company line up, including Paul Kossoff & Backstreet Crawler, and released a Cd of Hendrix covers with Niel Shon of Journey...But to do Queen. I just don't think it will work for real Queen fans, I'm afraid it will be a novelty act [img]eek.gif[/img]

    <font color="red"><marquee>We Will, We Will... Rock You!</marquee></font>

    rOgeR

  10. #220
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yes Mr. Ella, I have heard that and I'm pretty optimistic!
    No one could replace Mr. Mercury of coarse and Mr. May and Co. have done an admirable job thusfar in solidifying his legacy! I'm hoping that continues to be the plan!

    Lead singers are hard to replace in any popular band. Can you imagine the surviving members of Nirvana replacing Kurt Cobain? I don't think so!!!

    It WILL be interesting to see how Mr. Rogers' latest incarnation goes!

    <marquee>alright now...baby it's alright now!</marquee>
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ December 21, 2004 12:29 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic